Wednesday 30 May 2012

Rescue


Everyone in the street has this beauty (or weed, depending on your tastes) popping up in their garden at the moment.  My neighbours have stacks of it, taking over their front borders, and yet frustratingly none of it has self-seeded in my garden.  However, seek and ye shall find as they say and, whilst pootling in one of the stony beds in the back garden, I found this lone battler growing right up through the centre of a very dense bush, flowering away unseen in the middle of its crown. 

I managed to extricate it without too much damage to root or flower and have transplanted it to the front garden, against the boundary wall and behind some purplish geraniums.  "Do your thing" I whispered to it as I watered it in, crossing all my fingers and toes.  Another welcome (free) addition to add Summer colour to the front garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment